Mehndi designs are one of the most popular wedding trends in India, Pakistan and other parts of South Asia. Most women these days, irrespective of their age, get their henna done for functions and weddings.
There are many things that will effect the results of your henna tatoo (Mehndi design). Below are a few of the major factors to consider. Keeping these factors in mind while doing henna, will help you get the best possible henna stain.
1. The cleanliness of the skin being tattooed: Oils, lotions, sun block, and sweat are all barriers that will prevent the henna from staining as darkly as it could.
2. The part of the body being hennaed: Thicker skin stains better than thinner skin. Generally you can assume palms of the hands and soles of the feet stain the best and the further away from these areas you get, the lighter the henna tattoo stain.
3. How long the moist henna is in contact with the skin: The longer the better. I suggest a minimum of 4 hours to overnight. Be sure the henna is not "floating" on top of any hair.
4. Body temperature is a HUGE factor in releasing henna dye: People with higher body temperature typically get better stains. You can add heat by using a wrap on your henna design.
5. How the dried henna is removed: Do NOT use water when removing the dried henna paste. The paste should be scraped off and any stubborn bits can be removed using henna oil or olive oil.
6. How well the henna tattoo is cared for: Water should be avoided for as long as possible (24 hours is the goal, but normally not possible). Avoid anything that will exfoliate the skin (chlorinated water, salt water, cleaners, face wash, smoothing lotions).
7. The henna mix that was used: Fresh mixed henna will leave better longer lasting color than pre-mixed henna. Play with your henna recipe to find what works best for you. Keep in mind that you must allow sufficient time for the henna to release it's dye when you mix your own henna.
Post Articles, videos or images on any subject of your choice and earn cash from our Revenue Sharing Program.
We are also accepting Free Guest Posts with 100% Dofollow links. ... Read More Details