Coconut water is one of the nature’s most refreshing drinks, consumed worldwide for its nutritious and healthiness properties. It act as a energizing drink which helps your body in replenishing the lost fluids. For a pregnant women, it is safe to drink coconut water, but in moderation, as it contains natural vitamins and minerals. Some of the important health benefits of coconut water includes a natural source of electrolytes, prevents dehydration, lowers the acidity of the body, and loaded with nutrition providing necessary minerals and vitamins to the body. Let’s see some of the mind-blowing benefits of drinking coconut water during pregnancy.
Benefits of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
1. Increases Immunity : Being a natural drink contaminated inside the shell with the outside environmental elements, coconut water contains antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal compounds that prtotect your health and prevent you from becoming ill or catching the flu while you are pregnant.
2. Provide Necessary Electrolytes : During pregnancy, the need for electrolytes increasesy because conditions like morning sickness, nausea, and diarrhea dehydrate the body. Coconut water supplies all essential electrolytes: minerals, sodium, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus, which soothe the body and provide energy. These electrolytes transmit electrical charges in your body and help in muscle functioning. They also help maintain your body pH levels and control blood pressure levels.
3. Healthy Breast Milk : Drinking coconut water and eating coconut fruit help womens to produce plenty of healthy breast milk for your baby. According to he American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, a single meal containing coconut oil will affect the fatty acid makeup of a woman’s breast milk for as long as 3 days, with the maximum concentration occurring within the first 10 hours.
4. Keeps you Energetic : Having the extra weight in pregnancy can mame you tired for certain time daily. Coconut water can help to restore energy levels by increasing the metabolism and stimulating thyroid function.
5. Prevents Constipation and Indigestion : There are lots of hormonal changes taking place during pregnancy, which may lead to several issues such as heartburn, constipation, and indigestion. Coconut water possess the rich dietary fiber content which strengthen the digestive system, enhances digestion, regulates pH levels, and prevents constipation.
6. Accelerates Growth of the Fetus : Coconut water provides all essential minerals and nutrients to the pregnant mother which helps her to maintain her health. It makes sure the proper health, growth, and nourishment of the unborn baby.
7. Lowers Blood Pressure : As potassium is one of the important mineral present in coconut water, it helps to lower blood pressure levels if you consume it on regular basis. Potassium binds with salt and helps to remove it from the body. Lower sodium levels in the blood mean lower blood pressure.
Article By : Jeniffer Fleming
Post Articles, videos or images on any subject of your choice and earn cash from our Revenue Sharing Program.
We are also accepting Free Guest Posts with 100% Dofollow links. ... Read More Details