People throw stones at you and you convert them into milestones with this saying Sachin Tendulkar build his future or career
Sachin Tendulkar - Family
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar was born at Nirmal Home in Dadar in Bombay (Mumbai) in Maharashtra on 24th April, 1973. His parents were Ramesh Tendulkar and Rajni Tendulkar. His father was a Marathi novelist and a professor and his mother worked in the insurance industry. He has two elder half - brothers and one elder half - sister named as Ajit Tendulkar, Nitin Tendulkar and Savita Tendulkar. They all were from his father’s first marriage.
Sachin's name: His father was a great fan on music director and composer Sachin Dev Burman. So, his father named him as Sachin.
Turning Point in Sachin's Career
In 1989, his first Test fifty in his 2nd Test match against tough bowling attack of Pakistan in Faislabad.
Sachin Tendulkar's Education
- In childhood he took admission in Indian Education Society’s New English School in Bandra East in Mumbai.
- As Sachin impressed his coach Ramakant Achrekar, he asked him to change his school to Sharadasharam Vidyamandir High School in Dadar. Then he moved to his aunt’s house as it was nearer to school.
- Then he took admission in Khalsa College in Mumbai.
Sachin Tendulkar - Career
- Initially Tendulkar played with his brother Ajit for Sahitya Sahawas society’s cricket team at Bandra East.
- In 1984, his elder brother Ajit Tendulkar recognized his skill towards cricket.
- He introduced Sachin with his first coach Ramakant Achrekar at Shivaji Park in Dadar in Bombay (Mumbai).
- As Sachin impressed his coach Achrekar, he asked him to change his school to Sharadasharam Vidyamandir High School in Dadar. Then he moved to his aunt’s house as it was nearer to school.
- He started practicing in Shivaji Park and his coach used to put a coin on the wicket in the middle stump and he offered bowler with that coin if that bowler took the wicket of Sachin.
- During the 1991-92 tour of Australia, he made 148 runs in one of the matches and 114 in another, batting against the great bowlers of that time like Merv Hughes, Craig Mcdermott and Bruce Reid.
- Asked to open the batting against Zealand in an ODI 1994, he set the stadium on fire blasting 82 runs off just 49 balls. The very same year he made his first ODI century against Australia.
- In 1998 Australia was on a tour of India and the series was hyped as Sachin versus Warne contest. Sachin blasted Warne in the series and made two centuries in the three-test series. Sachin played a vital role in India’s win in the series.
- He became the good friend of Vinod Kambli at Sharadasharam Vidyamandir High School.
- He scored 329 out of 664 along with Vinod Kambli at Sharadasharam Vidyamandir High School.
- His sister Savita Tendulkar gave her first bat in his life.
- He wanted to become a bowler but Australian fast bowler Dennis Lillee advised him to focus on batting.
- He is the co-owner of the Kochi ISL team in Indian Super League Football League in India owned by Prasad V Potluri.
- In 2002, he was gifted with new Ferrari 360 Modena by Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher.
- In 2003, he made a special appearance in Bollywood film “Stumped”.
- In 2008, his statue was selected as London’s Madame Tussauds.
- He is the only cricketer who has played in 200 Test matches.
- On 24th Feburary 2010, he became the first cricketer to score the double hundred in an ODI, when he was playing with South Africa at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh.
- Sachin was again at his best in the 2011 World Cup during which he made 482 runs including two centuries. India faced Sri Lanka in the finals and won the match—it was the first World Cup victory for him.
- He has his own restaurant in Colaba in Mumbai named as ‘tendulkar’s corner’.
- He is the member of India’s upper house of parliament i.e. Rajya Sabha.
Sachin Tendulkar Records
- Most runs in Test – 15,921
- Most runs in ODI – 18,426
- Most number of Test played – 200
- Most number of ODIs played – 463
- First batsman to score a double hundred in ODI’s
- Only batsman to score 100 international centuries
- Most number of Test centuries – 51
- Most ODI half centuries - 96
- Most fifties in Test - 68
Sachin Tendulkar Awards
- In 1997-98, he was awarded with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
- In 2014, he was first and youngest Indian player awarded as Bharat Ratna.
Sachin Tendulkar - Personal Life
- He met his wife Anjali Mehta at the age of 17 years for the first time at Mumbai Airport and married her after 5 years.
- On 24th May 1995, He married Anjali Mehta, who is a pediatrician. The couple has a daughter and a son named as Arjun Tendulkar and Sara Tendulkar.
- He carries the Tri-colour flag in his personalized kit, which was created by his daughter.
- Every year he used to sponsor 200 children through Apnalaya, a Mumbai based NGO leaded by his mother-in-law, Annabel Mehta.
- He loves to celebrate “Ganesh Chaturthi” festival as it is the most important day of the year.
Sachin Tendulkar Favorite
- Favorite Cricketer: Sunil Gavaskar, Wasim Akram, Anil Kumble, Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath
- Favorite Cricket Ground: Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) and Wankhede Stadium Mumbai
- Favorite Food: Mutton Curry, Lassi, Mutton Biryani, Baigan Bharta, Crab Masala, Keema Paratha
- Favorite Actors: Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Nana Patekar
- Favorite Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Favorite Short: Straight drive
- Favorite Film: Sholay and Coming to America
- Favorite Sports: Cricket, Lawn Tennis, Formula 1
- Favorite Destinations: New Zealand, Mussorie
- Favorite Hotel: Park Royal darling, Sydney
Sachin Tendulkar Hobbies
- Listening Music
- Collecting perfumes
- Collecting CDs
“People throw stones at you and you convert them into milestones”