Kidney Infection (also called pyelonephritis) is one of the most common types of urinary tract infection. This problem can occur in men and women of any age, however, it seems to occur more commonly in women than men.
Kidney Infection can affect one or both of your kidneys.
Women who are pregnant seem to have a higher risk of getting kidney infection rather than normal people.
Also, some risk factors, such as a blockage of your ureter or bladder, the weakened immune system caused by HIV and leukemia, some side effects of therapy or drugs, put people at a higher risk for certain types of infections, especially kidney infection.
Nearly half of cases may have no symptoms at all - but sometimes they may include:
- Feelings of discomfort and back pain
- The need to urinate more often than usual.
- Burning urination or painful urination
- Swelling and puffiness in different areas of the body (such as legs, arms or ankles)
- Blood or red colored urine
- Have a strong odor
If the disease is not diagnosed and treated promptly, it actually can cause permanent damage to your kidney.
Here are the best home remedies for kidney infection that you should try at least once in your life time.
Also Read: Top Weight Loss Home Remedies
Apple cider vinegar has been used so widely because of a large number of health benefits.
Due to the components found in it, apple cider vinegar can help prevent infections from spreading. According to a 2001 study, this vinegar contains both anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which can help inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria and accelerate the pace of recovery as well.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a glass of warm water
- Add ½ tablespoon of pure honey in it
- Stir it well and consume this solution at least twice a day until you notice a difference.
Cranberry Juice is an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamin C, and salicylic acid which is very useful to boost or support our immunity. As a result, this can be extremely effective at curing, and even stopping urinary tract infections, including kidney infection.
Many studies have shown that regular consumption of this juice also helps make the urine more alkaline and prevent bacteria from sticking to the bladder's walls.
- All you need to do is drinking one cup of unsweetened cranberry juice daily until you feel better.
Note: Consuming high amounts of this juice can also lead to various side effects. You should drink only one glass of cranberry juice ( ~500ml) a day.
Also Read: Home Remedies for dandruff and Hair Loss
Yogurt is rich in probiotics and antioxidants, thus it is considered one of the most effective ways to get rid of kidney infection at home. Due to its high content of live bacteria, yogurt is useful to prevents attachment of microbes to the epithelial cells at the urinary tract. In addition, it can even keep your immune system strong and healthy.
- Consuming at least three servings of yogurt per day is the simplest home remedy to remove kidney infection.
- Alternatively, you also can mix yogurt with fresh vegetables and fresh fruits to make a salad.
Vitamin C is well-known for one of the most useful of all vitamins. Hundreds of studies have suggested that it can boost your mood and reduce stress all day, improve your ability to fight off infection, and reduce your risk for kidney infection as well.
- Eat one or two citrus fruits such as lime, oranges, strawberries, kiwi, or grapefruits daily
- Use of vitamin C-containing supplements is also a good way to increase your vitamin C intake. However, you should talk to your doctor before taking this supplements.
Also Read: Home Remedy for Tinnitus
Marshmallow is also considered one of the most effective methods to get rid of kidney infection and other urinary tract infections.
It contains the diuretic property which can help increase urine flow and rid our bodies of toxins. Plus, this herb is effective at reducing the growth of these unfriendly organisms. Due to its antioxidant property, marshmallow can even help reduce the cells at the urinary tract damage by free radicals.
- Boil 500ml – 700ml water and then add one teaspoon of this dried herb into it.
- Leave it on for 7 – 10 minutes
- Strain and then drink it slowly
- Repeat this natural home remedy twice a day to get the best results.
An acid alkaline balance is one of the most important factors to prevent the urinary tract infections, including kidney infection.
Olive oil has been reported to maintain the acid-base balance, boost elimination and cleansing the body from the inside out.
Therefore, if you are suffering a kidney infection, try a combination of 1 – 2 teaspoons of olive oil and ½ tablespoon of lemon juice twice a day.
According to a 2003 study, the powerful antibiotic property present in garlic is useful to get rid of kidney infection.
Moreover, garlic is also considered natural diuretics which helps aid the kidney in flushing out toxins and harmful bacteria.
- Eat 2 or 3 cloves of raw garlic daily in the morning on an empty stomach
- Alternatively, if you hate its flavor and strong smell, you might take odorless garlic supplements. However, make sure that you ask your doctor before using it.
Due to its anti-inflammatory property and a high amount of fiber, apple is extremely effective at maintaining the acidic pH, resulting in stopping harmful bacteria growth.
Regular consumption of this fruit will help you improve detoxification and eliminate the toxins and remnants accumulated in your body. Plus, eating an apple a day can help boost your immune system naturally.
A Guest Post by Ashley Bennet. Source: authorityremedies.com
Post Articles, videos or images on any subject of your choice and earn cash from our Revenue Sharing Program.
We are also accepting Free Guest Posts with 100% Dofollow links. ... Read More Details